Ash gourd also called wax gourd, white gourd, winter gourd, tallow gourd, ash pumpkin, and winter melon. It’s a kind of fruit vegetables that has an hairy skin. Can also cook in different types of recipes including steamed ash gourd with dried scallop.
NEEDS FOR COOKING
- 1 Piece of Ash gourd
- 5 pieces of dried scallop (depends how many sliced)
- Soy sauce
- finely ground black pepper
- Flour (with water solution)
- Cooking oil
STEPS FOR COOKING ASH GOURD
- First soak the dried scallop in a small bowl with 6 tablespoon of water. let it for 30 minutes to 1 hour. The longer the better to make the dried scallop soft at the same time the water will have taste for sauce later.
- Peal of the skin of ash gourd and sliced in ring style, then make a hole in the center.
- Then put the dried scallop each hole of the vegetable and keep the water for later. Picture below shows you how exactly to make it.
4. Then steamed for 30 minutes or more then till soften, because this kind of fruit vegetable is hard.
5. While steaming can do the next step which is making the sauce, In small wok add 1 tablespoon of oil, in low heat and fry the chopped garlic till light brown and add the seasonings 2 tablespoon of soy sauce teaspoon of sugar, pinch of finely ground pepper and flour with water solution and the soup of dried scallop stir well. then turn off the heat after 1 minute.
6. When the steaming is done then take out and remove some water and place in serving plate then pour the sauce all over.
TRY THIS SIMPLE RECIPE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK SHARE AND SAVE IN PINTEREST
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPE CLICK HERE.