Blooming onion this dish was popularized in the United States a charter feature of the Outback Steakhouse, when that national chain opened in 1988. Usually served in any cuisine such as, U.S, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and lots of other restaurant with specific signature dipping sauce(how to make dipping sauce click HERE TO WATCH.).Also known as the bulb onion the most widely cultivated species of the genus Allium. like this relatives include the garlic, shallot, leek, chive, and Chinese onion. For more information about the health and benefits that onion can provide Click HERE.
- 1 Large onion
- 150 grams flour
- Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of paprika
- Cayenne pepper 1 Tablespoon
- 2 Eggs
- 20 grams cream cheese
- Mayonnaise 1 Tablespoon
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Rosemary
PREPARING FOR BLOOMING ONION
- Remove the dry skin of onion, Use thin knife to point at the center top 3/4 and carefully sliced the way down to bottom to not break. Continue sliced onion several times down to create a Petals. Spread the petals apart to help them separate and design in flower will make coating easier. CLICK HERE TO WATCH HOW TO MAKE PETALS.
- Bring the water to boil over high heat then turn of the fire. plunge the onion for 1 minute and in cold water for another 1 to 2 minutes then place in a plate.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper and to mixed well. Pour all over the onion make sure that in every petals are been coated, then shake some excess flour and, dip in the scrambled egg to coat over then, again coat with flour mixture for second time then shake off to released some excess.
- Heat the skillet sauce pan and bring to boil cooking oil enough to cover the onion. when the pan is smoky deep fry the onion till golden brown and crispy.
TRY THIS RECIPE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, SHARE AND SAVE IN PINTEREST, FOR MORE GREAT RECIPE CLICK HERE.