Char siu is a type of Cantonese roast meat of pork butt, In Mandarin, it is known as cha shao. To make char siu, pork is marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and then roasted. Over the years, the flavor of the char siu one could get in noodle shops, rice with vegetables and roast meat restaurants in Chinatowns, around the world developed a signature sweetness. This recipe has depth flavor like salty sweet contrast with hint of the compliments pork allows it to stand alone with just simple serving with rice, and blanch vegetables.
- 1 pound of pork butt.
- 2 tablespoon of honey.
- Water 2 tablespoon.
SAUCE FOR CHAR SIU PORK
- 2 pieces of Chinese fermented red bean curd, and 2 tbsp. of sauce
- 1 tablespoon each of oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 4 tablespoon of sugar
- Pinch of five spice powder and white pepper.
- 1 cloves of garlic chopped
STEP ON HOW TO COOK
- Use the fork make a hole all over the meat. Pickling Pork become easier and easy to grilled and easy absorb the sauce.
- Mixed well all the seasoning for making sauce and put in the zip block and add the pork.
- Marinate for overnight and after 8 hours try to flip in other side make sure that coated all the sides.and put back in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven over 400 °F meanwhile, and place a wire rock into the oven tray, place the marinated pork and put in the oven bake for 25 minutes.
- . In small bowl add the 2 tablespoon each of honey and water mixed well after 25 minutes take out from the oven the meat and brush all over the excess sauce of marinate.then again bake for another 25 minutes and brush with mixed honey and water and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sliced the meat and serve with your favorite vegetables and rice.
TRY THIS RECIPE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPE CLICK HERE.