Lotus root, as the name implies, It is the root of lotus flower, And which they called as aquatic plant of the Nelumbonaceae family. This plant grew as annual root vegetable crop in the customized ponds. Although it can be raised from seeds, commercially and its rhizomes with meristems chosen for plantation,
It is a long, woody root/vegetable that attaches to the bottom of the pad and can be extend more as they grow. It can be boiled and make salad or cooked for your favorite meats.
- 600 Grams of Minced Pork
- 400 Grams of Lotus Root
- 2 Tablespoon of Dried Shrimp(soak in water and cut in small size)
- 1 piece of Shallot (chopped in dice)
- 1 Tablespoon Of Coriander
- Egg White 1 piece
- 3 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil
- Brown sugar Tablespoon
- 2 Teaspoon of Shaoxing wine
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
PREPATION FOR LOTUS ROOT
- Wash and Rinse the lotus and peel off the skin, then cut into 1/2 inch size.
- Bring water to boil then steamed or boiled the lotus into 15 minutes.
- Chopped the lotus in small dice and mixed with minced pork and add seasonings and the Dried shrimps, shallot, Coriander, egg white, Use hand to mixed well till become sticky for 3-5 minutes.
- Heat the skillet add the cooking oil and take some small portion of mixed meat in round shape and not really fat just enough to cook inside and pan fry for 3-5 minutes in medium high heat.
- Flip the meat and cook for 3 minutes then turn back again to cook for another 2 minutes in low medium heat. Same in other side too.
- Arrange in serving plate and serve. Garnish with spring onion..
TRY THIS SIMPLE CHINESE RECIPE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! SHARE AND SAVE IN THE PINTEREST ENJOY…